Sunday, February 8, 2015

A Happy Hello with Hopscotch Papers

So, welcome to my blog. This is my first post, so please bear with me as I muddle my way through this whole thing. For those curious about the blog name, it is because my craft space is heated with a wood stove.

I've been playing around with some of the lovely new papers from Close to my Heart; the Hopscotch paper pack, and the February Stamp-of the-Month set. I've also been playing with creating my own cutting guide for creating a set of cards. new territory for me for certain.
Here are a couple of cards I have created so far:

The one on the right is CASEd from Greetings from Gail, with a couple modifications.

I toyed with adding a few more sparklies to the Make a Wish card, but I am sort of liking the simple look now. Here's an image of the February Stamp of the Month. It's called A Happy Hello. You can get it for $5 with any $50 order, or $17.95 on it's own.

I also found as I was working that I was out of gold shimmer trim, so I used a little trick I just recently learned from a Facebook group, and colored some of the silver shimmer trim with one of CTMH's Shin-Han Touch alcohol markers (Golden Yellow color). I used the wide end gently along the trim and it worked so well!
I have one more card I am working on for my card set, but as I was working on it, one of the card colors didn't make sense any more and I am re-cutting some of the pieces.

Used in the above cards: Hopscotch paper pack, A Happy Hello Stamp of the Month set (February 2015 only), Wish stamp, Silver shimmer trim (colored), Flaxen cardstock*, Glacier Blue cardstock* White Daisy cardstockFlaxen, Glacier Blue, Pixie, Sorbet, Smoothie Exclusive ink colors. Gold sequin embellishment. (*these cardstock colors come in the Hopscotch paper pack).






No comments: