Sunday, March 1, 2015

It's March! Time to "Choose Happy"!

March first! And we’re still up to our eyeballs in snow! (ok, not really that much, but some days it feels like it.) Today, in the Close to My Heart year, marks the day that the new Stamp of the Month becomes available! This month’s offering is called “Choose Happy” and it’s spring-y and precious. 
See how you can get this stamp set for only $5!


At first glance it looks a bit girly, with several curlicue frames, but don’t be fooled! There’s a great all-around useful wood-tone squared one as well for the less frilly folk in your lives. I did my best to show them up in playful, "everybody" ways. I've only played with it with cards so far, as you can see below. I have been helping my daughter get some work done by hanging out and being a helpful grandma while dad is at work in the evenings. Yeah, like hanging out with my only grandchild is Such a hardship… not… lol. Anyway… I do plan to do more with this set soon, in the meantime, check out what I did so far:



The one on the right uses the Hopscotch papers, the Choose Happy Stamp of the Month set, and the Cuddly Salutations hostess stamp set. I used a Shin Han Touch marker to fill in the cutie pie chick to coordinate with the B&T paper. I finished it off with some Gold Shimmer Trim and a couple of Gold Sequins. (Materials used: Exclusive inks in Black and Desert Sand, Shin Han Touch alcohol marker in Light Orange; Hopscotch paper pack, Colonial Whitecardstock, Gold Shimmer Trim, Gold Sequins.)
The card on the left uses the two borders from the Choose Happy set, along with one of the frames and two of the sayings. I also used a saying from the Just to Say stamp set that comes with the Artfully Sent CricutCollection. I finished it off very simply with just a couple pieces of Teal Shimmer Trim. I thought this would make a simple anniversary card. If you look closely, you can see that I used the doodle stamps to border the inside. The next picture shows how the inside looks. (Materials used: Exclusive inks in Black,Lagoon and Sorbet, Black and Daisy White cardstock, Teal Shimmer Trim.)*


*(The white and black shapes I had on hand and just happened to fit nicely. They are cut from the Art Philosophy Cricut Collection. The square frames from the Choose Happy set will fit comfortably on a 2.25 inch square.) 

No comments: