Thursday, September 1, 2016

Jeepers Creepers!

Welcome to our JCB Monthly Blog Hop!
This month there are 5 of us highlighting the “Jeepers Creepers” paper collection. This blog hop is a great big circle so you can start wherever you want and continue through to see all the fabulous artwork incorporating the Jeepers Creepers Paper collection.
If you are coming from Von's Craft Studio, you are on the right track! I chose to do a scrapbook layout. Halloween is one of the favorite holidays at our house, and with a grandkid now who is old enough to enjoy dressing up, things are really getting fun again!

The base page of this project is the dark gray print, to give it a spooky night feel overall. I used the Cricut Artbooking cartridge to cut out a Haunted House and a fence (3x, welded together), and backed the windows with orange from the striped paper. Then I cut out some of the monsters from the monster print paper to inhabit the house. Behind the fence, I layered a strip of the spooky eyes paper, I was trying for the feeling of eyes blinking through the fence in the dark. Did I get it? I added a couple of the eyeballs from the assortment on the fence as well, for some dimension. For the photo wells, I used the Pansy circle paper, cut to 4 x 4 inches, which just about takes up 4 circles each. The photos themselves will be 3.5 x 3.5 when I add them (shown here with placeholders). I added the moon, sparkly bat, SCARY and Monsters from the complements. I think the Scary plus Monsters make a fun title.
Look at all the great papers in the entire pack - I have so much more to play with! Supply List for the layout shown above: Jeepers Creepers Paper Pack - X7211B - $9.95 JeepersCreepers Complements - X7211X - $6.95 JeepersCreepers Assortment - X4009 - $3.95 (Alternatively - JeepersCreepers Workshops Your Way - G1110 - $26.95 - comes with White, Pansy and Whisper Cardstock) Black Cardstock - 1386 (24sheets) - $14.50 Cricut ArtBookingCartridge Collection - Z3169 - $99
Thanks for stopping by! Please continue onto My Little Scrap Happy Corner where you will find some additional artwork by Danielle highlighting this Theme! Be sure to leave a comment and let me know what you thought of my variation and happy hopping!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the layout.

Yvonne said...

very cute, I love scary features. Great job!