Thursday, April 2, 2015

Just My Type....

Stamp of the Month... I love playing with the new stamp sets every month. April's set is great for cards. It's very vintage, isn't it? You can get all this for only $5 with a qualifying purchase ($50 minimum) Or you can buy it at the retail price of $17.95. But with all the fantastic new papers and stamps and embellishments that just came out in the Seasonal Expressions 2 mini-catalog... you can get this stamp set for $5... trust me on this.

As you can see by the picture below, I stepped beyond a card as well. Now I know most of you probably keep all your phone numbers in your cell phones, and honestly, when I set out to make this, my intention was to make a cover for a datebook. The card with the phone cut out is from the Artfully Sent Cricut Cartridge. I had cut another one that said "Hello Today" for the front of the datebook, and the telephone one was an extra to use up the paper...
I just wasn't thinking very well about the sizing when I was setting things up in the Cricut Craft Room, lol. Much to my surprise when I pulled the cards off the mat, they were all bigger than I was expecting. The Hello Today card was horizontal and wouldn't fit. So I made a phone book cover instead.


We call people for all these occasions don't we? Personally, I do have a regular address book. There are some people I would never call from my cell phone, but I do need their information. 
Anyway... there it is. On to what I used. In addition to the Typed Note stamp set, I used the numbers from the alphabet stamps that come with the Artfully Sent Cricut CollectionColonial White Cardstock, Black Cardstock, paper from the Yuletide Carol pack, Exclusive Inks in Black, Gold Shimmer Trim, and Gold Sequins.
For the card on the left, I used some of the paper from the new Jackson pack. Isn't it nice? Would be great for a guy's card. The red piece is the zip strip from the same piece. I embossed the typewriter (with clear embossing powder) to give it an old fashioned feel. You can't really tell from the picture. Trust me, the glossy look really did the trick. I used Colonial White Cardstock, Exclusive Inks in Black and Chocolate, Black Shimmer trim, Black Sequins, and Thin 3D Foam Tape.

I hope you like this little taste of the new Seasonal Expressions 2 mini-catalog (the Jackson paper). I'll be back with more in a couple days! And don't forget... Deal of the Day - every day in April!

No comments: